Google

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Linda Chavez on Immigration

Linda Chavez:

Mass deportations won't -- and shouldn't -- happen. The legal, moral and practical obstacles to rounding up and deporting millions of illegal aliens and their U.S.-citizen children are insurmountable. Nor is it feasible to station enough agents along the border or build a barrier long and high enough to keep out everyone. I once stood at the border between East and West Germany with its barbed wire, mines, and sentry posts with soldiers aiming high-powered rifles. Is that really the America we want to create?

3 Comments:

Blogger La Ventanita said...

I know this is a sensitive issue, but I'm sick and tired of having this compared to the Berlin Wall. The Berlin Wall with its barbed wire, mines and sentry posts, was built to keep East Germans in, as a repressive measure. The US Wall (which I'm sure illegals will be able to climb anyway) is to keep people from illegally coming in. How many of you have doors in your house? And if that didn't work, fences as a security measure? It is the same concept here.

1/04/2006 3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somehow the Republican Party has figured out that I am a Hispanic. Apparently Linda Chavez heads up the Republican hispandering effort because from time to time I get fund raising letters from her that address my "special" Hispanic concerns. I am pretty certain that the Republican Party's new found concern for Hispanics is just a smokescreen for their real agenda which is unlimited cheap labor for their elite Chamber of Commerce campaign contributors. I'm certain they don't take Hispanics seriously because Linda Chavez's letters are the only political fund raising letters I have EVER received that don't include a postage paid return envelope. The hispandering is a convenient way to hide the real agenda.

1/04/2006 4:32 PM  
Anonymous Latino Pundit said...

"unlimited cheap labor" ...Give Anonymous a PRIZE - BINGO!!!! That is the smartest comment EVER.

See related: http://www.latinopundit.com/latino/archives/002628.html

I took up a few paragraphs for what you said in one.

1/05/2006 1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home